After World War II a new generation of tramcars did appear
in the Lisbon streets. Ten bogie trams, ten 4-wheel trams
and hundred trailers were complete new build. Eighty-two
single truck trams were made with the use of electric
equipments and for a part also trucks of older trams.
Bogie-trams series 901-910
Half of the required bogies for these tramcars were already
ordered before the war to be used for the series 806-810,
but were only received in 1947. Together with 10 other
bogies of the same type ordered after the war, these were
used for this series. These were the only bogie cars
constructed by Carris after World War II.
Double-end trams series
This were the
last complete new constructed 4-wheel cars of
Lisbon. They were double ended and used on the hilly
routes. In 1987 of seven cars the the bodies were
replaced by (older) bodies of the "Standard" model.
Single-end trams series 283-304,
These 39 single end cars were constructed with the use of
the electric equipments of the open bogie cars 283-322 and
trucks of older cars. Many of these trams were operated with
Single-end trams series
cars were constructed with the use of the trucks and
electric equipments of older cars with retaining of
numbers, which were: 403, 415, 417, 422, 425,
443, 449, 451, 461-463, 465-468, 473, 474, 479-481,
485-490, 492-495, 497-499, 506, 609, 610. Many of
trams were operated with a trailer.
Trailers series 101-200
In the period 1950-55 a total of 100 new
trailers were constructed. They did have bodies according to
the Caixote type. They were used on the lines 1, 2, 3A, 6,
8, 9, 13, 16, 17, 17A, 19, 22 & 23.